Josue and Lauren Rodriguez
Milan Campus Pastors
1 Please list your education.
- 2 years of Architectural drafting
- B.A. Ministry and Leadership from Life Pacific University
- 2. Salvation experience
I accepted the Lord in the ICU room, at the Hospital my dad was in. A family friend visited the ICU and after visiting hours were over, began to walk out of the room. He came back in and said “Josue, the Lord told me to tell you [Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go]. Immediately, I began to cry and accepted the Lord as my Savior. My friend did not know the Lord had brought that verse to mind multiple times prior to my dad’s critical condition. When I heard this verse, I knew there was no way he could know this unless God was speaking through him. My dad at the time was brain dead, caused by breathing complications. My dad was miraculously healed and walked out of the hospital under his own power three months later.
3. List some fun facts about you.
- English is my second language, was in ESL till 6th grade.
- My favorite car is the 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena.
- Played violin and recorder for 3 years
- Play tenor saxophone since age 13.
- Was born in 1986, same year METS won the world series.
- Growing up wanted to be a baseball player for the METS, played every day.
- Second generation immigrant.
- Have lived in four states, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Iowa.
- 2016 drove over 7, 000 miles in 3 months.
- Have traveled to 4 countries outside the USA: Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico.
4. Best advice you were ever given.
5. A most embarrassing moment.
I had an Evangelistic mission in El Salvador and had the privilege to speak before a whole school. In the auditorium, present were about 900 students. I was in the middle of my message telling students How the Lords has every “hair on your head numbered” (Luke 12:17). After I said this, the crowd burst out laughing. In Spanish the word “Pelo” and “Pedo” sound very similar. However, they mean two very different things. Pelomeans hair, but Pedo means fart. What the crowd heard is the Lord has “every fart on your head numbered.” I went with the flow and said: “those are numbered too!” Most embarrassing moment ever; So Far!
6. People might be surprised to know about you.
- I love NASCAR and Country Music
7. Hangout with one person from the Bible who would it be and why. (other than Jesus because we would all like to do that.)
The Apostol Paul. He is a genius with a mind-blowing understanding of theology.
8. What book are you currently reading?
- Swoboda, A.J. Messy: God Likes It That Way.
- Duffield, Guy. Foundations of Pentecostal Theology.
- Hart, Larry. Truth Aflame: Theology for the Church in Renewal.
9. What advice would you give your teenage self?
- Spend more time with your family. Stop worrying about the future.
- Please list your education
- AA in General Studies from Ignite Life Pacific College
- BA in Ministry and Leadership from Life Pacific College
- Previous lines of work
- Starbucks Barista (2013)
- Shift Supervisor at Lucie Monroe’s Cafe (2015-2017)
- Manager of The Pointe Coffee Shop (Ignite Life Pacific College) (2017)
- Assistant Student Services Director at Ignite Life Pacific College (2015-2017)
- RA for Ignite Life Pacific College (2016)
- Senior Administrative Assistant for the Heartland District of the Foursquare Church (2017- Current)
- Salvation experience
I’ve always known about Jesus since I was a baby both my parents were pastors. I saw a lot in the church, the good, the bad and the ugly. However, it was not until I went to college that I really allowed myself to surrender to the Lord and have an authentic relationship with Him. The more I studied the Word, the more I found the Truth of who God really was and the more I fell in love with Him and my life has not been the same since.
- List some fun facts about you.
- I have hopes to one day own my own little coffee shop.
- When I lived in Georgia, I had a pig named Petunia.
- I traveled to Kenya, Africa for three weeks in my sophomore year of college where I kissed a Giraffe!
- Best advice you were ever given.
Right before I got married someone told me to not spread arguments in my marriage to other people. To keep them between me and my husband, because if I spread issues me and him will eventually work it out but the people I told the issues to will always remember. In a day and age where it can be so easy to air out issues on social media, this advice really stuck with me, and I have been thankful for her wise words.
- A most embarrassing moment.
Well, I have a lot of embarrassing moments! What comes to mind is this time I was at my cousin’s wedding. I thought I saw my Grandpa standing in the last row of the church, so I went behind him and rubbed his head and then hugged him. To my shock, it WASN’T him! I was so embarrassed I just quickly muttered sorry and walked away. Never again would I do that!
- People might be surprised to know about you?
- I love animals! Sometimes I will go into PetSmart just to spend some time with the cats who need extra love! However, I am slightly allergic to both cats and dogs, so I have settled for fish and I name each one of them.
- Hangout with one person from the Bible who would it be and why. (other than Jesus beach because we would all like to do that.)
- I have always loved this book of the Bible since I was a little girl, and I have always found it interesting that this book never mentions God, yet He is woven into the story so intricately. I chose Esther because she had the courage and strength to speak up for her people. I have always admired that about her and I personally strive to be more courageous and outspoken in that way.
- What book are you currently reading?
- “Love that Lasts” By Jefferson and Alyssa Bethke (I would recommend this book.)
- What advice would you give your teenage self?
I would tell myself to hang out with my parents more, ask more questions and to cherish that time that I had at home with both of them. Also – to stop worrying, that the Lord had the perfect man just for me!